Kathoghike Church – Holy Mother of God is a small medieval church in the center of Yerevan (intersection of the Abovyan and Sayat-Nova streets).
According to the scripts carved on one of the walls of Katoghike Church, the surviving structure dates back to 1264.
The basilica named after the Holy Mother of God was built after the between 1693-1695.
In 1936, the basilica of the Holy Mother of God was demolished under the Soviet rule to make way for residential buildings and a linguistic institute at the Sayat-Nova Avenue.
The basilica of the Holy Mother of God, Before starting a demolition and during the demolition in 1936
Photos of Kathoghike Church – Holy Mother of God
Saint Anna Church
A new religious complex was constructed to the north of the church. The new complex includes a much bigger church, named after Saint Anna, and a building designated to serve as the Yerevan residence of the Catholicos.
Saint Anna and Kathoghike Churches